|Watermelon and tomato. Gazpacho? Margarita? Breakfast?|
What a perfect way to finish up a great summer.
- one medium seedless watermelon, peeled and cut in chunks
- 3-4 small cucumbers, unpeeled, cut into chunks
- 6 medium assorted ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- fresh basil leaves, packed (or cilantro, or mint, or a combo)
- juice of 3 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 large leek (or a small mild onion, or 6 green onion
Puree cucumbers and tomatoes and leeks with herbs.
Season to taste with lime juice, herbs, salt and pepper.
Refrigerate several hours to allow flavor to develop.
Serve in a tall glass with a blast of tequila or vodka,
Serve in a bowl as a refreshing cold soup
Freeze in an ice-cream maker for a refreshing sorbet.